Iran Rejects US Claim of New Missile Test as -Fabricated

  Share this

Iranian Defense Minister Brigadier General Hossein Dehqan NewslineToday    Gallery Enlarge Image

Special Correspondent : Manju Shukla
Date  09/02/2017

Iranian Defense Minister Brigadier General Hossein Dehqan rebutted as “fabricated” recent reports by US media about Iran’s new missile test.

In a statement on Thursday, General Dehqan said the new claim by the US that Iran has recently launched another missile is “fabricated” and part of their fear-mongering campaign against Iran. 

He added that the Iranian nation will respond to such claims with their massive participation in upcoming rallies marking the anniversary of the Islamic Revolution’s victory, which this year falls on February 10.

On Wednesday, a US official, speaking on condition of anonymity, told Fox News that Iran had “launched another missile from the same launch pad east of Tehran where it conducted a previous ballistic missile test last month”.

“The missile used in Wednesday`s launch was a short-range Mersad surface-to-air missile, which impacted 35 miles away,” he further claimed.

On February 2, the Iranian defense minister confirmed that the country had conducted a “successful” missile test, stressing that the Islamic Republic will not allow others to interfere in its defense affairs.

Latest News  





 
Archive | Contact Us | Disclaimer | Feedback | Gallery Copyright 2007-2017 NewslineToday.com Follow us