Six killed in attack on US base

  Share this

Afghans burn tires during an anti-US demonstration Pics By NewsLineToday    Gallery Enlarge Image Play Video

By S.Kumar
Date  29 Feb 2012
At least six people have been killed in an attack on the US Nangarhar base in eastern Afghanistan amid growing public fury over the desecration of the Qur'an by American soldiers.
 
No one has claimed responsibility yet, but some sources say locals attacked the base in retaliation for the Qur’an burning at the US-run Bagram Airbase.
 
Earlier on Wednesday, a car bomb ripped through a group of US-led foreign troops in Lashkar Gah in the troubled southern province of Helmand.
 
Witnesses said the blast left a number of casualties among US-led foreign forces and civilians.
 
Police officials and witnesses said the blast left at least seven people injured, including members of the US-led foreign forces and some Afghan civilians.
 
Afghans have been holding rallies for over a week against the desecration of the holy Qur’an by US troops in Afghanistan on February 21.
 
Following the Qur’an desecration US President Barack Obama sent a letter to his Afghan counterpart Hamed Karzai, apologizing for the actions of American forces in Afghanistan. Obama told Karzai that the incident was not intentional.
 
Afghans have rejected the apology and demanded an immediate withdrawal of all foreign troops from their country. The incident has sparked angry protests against US and NATO forces in Afghanistan and other Muslim countries.
 

Latest News  





 
Archive | Contact Us | Disclaimer | Feedback | Gallery Copyright 2007-2017 NewslineToday.com Follow us